- Southport, NC
DHG Search is currently seeking a Hospital Controller to join our clients growing team in Southport, NC. The Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will lead all aspects of the accounting department.
- Supervision of all accounting & financial functions including department staff.
- Supervision of the monthly close process, accounts payable, payroll & monthly reporting
- Preparation of monthly departmental reports, applicable annual tax return preparation, annual financial audits & all treasury administration.
- Part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to ensure the close and reporting process is timely and complete.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- In depth knowledge of the current trends and developments in healthcare and other federal programs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate the financial condition of the organization to the CFO and other members of hospital leadership
- Requires demonstrated understanding and experience with hospital financial reporting, accounting, payroll, accounts payable, budgeting, treasury, audit and tax.
- Experience with CPSI/Evident or similar EHR Applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- BS/BA degree in finance, accounting, business or a related discipline required.
- CPA preferred
- A graduate level degree is a plus
- 5-10 Years of progressive career experience in Hospital Finance / Accounting.
Monday, September 27, 2021