Director of Accounting
A public construction and manufacturing company located near Cary NC seeks a Director of Accounting to provide financial and accounting expertise to support operations.
The Director will be responsible for providing leadership to the accounting department and is charged with providing accurate, timely financial information to senior management. The Director will manage full cycle accounting, provide cost management leadership, and build a financial culture focused on supporting project management staff and business leaders.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 7-10 years accounting experience, and knowledge of GAAP
• Construction industry with Job Costing experience
• Mix of public and private accounting experience a plus
• Ability to understand, analyze, and explain financial statements
• Prior experience managing an accounting staff
• Public company experience with SOX compliance a plus
• CPA with MBA / MAcc preferred
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Manage the processing of all financial transactions
• Manage the costs of construction and manufacturing
• Manage the accounting staff
• Prepare business plans and budgets
• Provide financial analysis
• Support company, construction, and manufacturing leaders
Competitive salary and benefits package.