Careers with our clients through DHG Search
Senior Estimator in Heavy Civil Construction
BE PART OF OUR GROWTH! Seeking a skilled, results oriented, large projects, heavy civil Senior Estimator for our expanding estimating team in Tennessee. Our ideal candidate is a team player who is highly motivated with a strong work ethic, has a diverse heavy civil estimating portfolio and desires to be part of a professional, highly skilled, innovative estimating team.
Our client is a well-regarded growing heavy civil construction company. The corporate office is in East Tennessee with operations and projects across the country. The diverse and expansive project scope includes dams, reservoirs, locks, stormwater management, landfills, mass excavation and on-demand emergency services. Safety is our TOP priority!
Our client is one the nation’s largest privately held, family-owned construction firms.
This role offers a highly competitive salary package with a full range of benefits, including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, generous PTO, paid company holidays, Life Insurance, and 401K with a company match, and more! Compensation is based on experience and qualifications. Equal Opportunity Employer, E-Verify and Drug Free Workplace.
Position/Salary: Senior Estimator/Competitive Salary Based Upon Experience
Senior Estimator is responsible for the overall planning and coding efforts to produce comprehensive project cost estimates. The successful applicant will provide data and cost analysis for estimate review and presentations, will be responsible for developing bid strategies, site investigations, managing contracts, takeoffs, detailed breakdown of cost components, indirect cost and analysis of margins.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates
• Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
• Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid
• Prepare cost analysis by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs occurred in heavy civil industry projects
• Executes take-offs of construction documents
• Inputs take-offs data into spreadsheets
• Utilize the company approved costing methodology, data, and systems to present estimate results in a detailed breakdown format suitable for use by the project manager and the project team
• Attend client pre-bid meetings and job showing, visit job sites, and keep a record of all verbal information disseminated by the client during the pre-bid meeting and job showing
• Prepare project cost estimates from the client s RFQ documents and drawings and any other information learned during the pre-bid showing
• Must have ability to explain details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
• Maintain cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep updated information on past performance and industry standards
• Assists Project Manager on alternative project execution approaches based on the scope of work and the most cost-effective execution methods available
• Maintain lines of communications between company departments, project manager, and client with regards to cost estimating activities
• Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of 8 years of experience as a Lead or Senior Estimator on Relevant Heavy Civil Construction/ Required
• Experience estimating multiple projects in excess of $25 Million
• Experience estimating large- scale, infrastructure projects i.e. mass excavation and utility projects, storm water, bridges, treatment plants, pump stations/ Required
• Experience with HCSS & Agtek, Heavy Bid, Bid 2 Win/ Required
• B.S. Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field is preferred although not mandatory with solid experience
• Flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem-solving.
• Able to work independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
• Displays superior written and oral communication skills
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
• This is an office position and the environment will have normal sounds such as office equipment and foot-traffic.
• Occasional travel to job sites for pre-bid conferences required. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
This is a great opportunity to work for an established and growing company using your professional skills and talents as a heavy civil construction estimator in a challenging yet rewarding career field.