- Raleigh, NC
CAREERS WITH OUR CLIENTS THROUGH DHG SEARCH
Project Accountant – Raleigh NC
We have partnered with an established and well-respected organization in the commercial construction space in Raleigh NC. We are seeking an experienced Project Accountant to oversee and analyze revenue and costs associated with multiple ongoing construction projects.
The Project Accountant will be a key member of the project teams and will strengthen the financial position and cash flow through production analysis and actual to budget review, on a per project basis. He or she will apply construction specific GAAP accounting principles in the calculation of WIP, job costing, percentage of completion and other related materials and labor accounting.
The candidate we are seeking will a self-directed professional with strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills. He or she must be an effective communicator with the ability to manage competing priorities well. The Project Accountant will have job costing knowledge and full comprehension of GAAP with the ability to be flexible and succeed in an environment where deadlines are tight and very detailed accuracy is required.
A bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related experience is ideal. A background in construction accounting is preferred but manufacturing which includes WIP, percentage of completion and inventory/cost accounting would transition well.
- Manage the accounting work for assigned construction projects, ensuring costs are posted appropriately and on-time, while analyzing job cost projections and variance to ensure accuracy
- Collaborate with project managers and engineers to maintain accurate and complete records for multiple concurrent jobs, reviewing project contracts with regards to appropriate billing cycle, payment terms, retainage release and structure of SOV, coordinating and distributing payment applications and lien releases
- Execute weekly cost reports, analyzing and reviewing active job costs to identifying missing information or inaccuracies and work with Accounting Manager and project team to correct any issues
- Manage the expense reporting process and support field operations and project teams in timely execution of
- Maintain strong working relationship with project team and assist as needed with tracking submittals and RFI’s, vendor/supplier and subcontractor contracts and billing requirements preparing subcontractor payments and prime contract billings on a timely basis
- Accounts Receivable and Payable – monitor and accept / review purchase orders and contracts, entering and filing invoices and overseeing any change orders or modifications to ensure acceptance and fully executed documentation
- Prepare and execute Certified Payroll for subcontractors and self-performed work, verifying month-end subcontractor costs and reconciling those to payables received to identify and review under or overbilled projects, communicating findings to Accounting and Project Managers
- Support the validation of DBE’s function requirements and payment certifications, supporting the company’s good faith efforts to attain DBE goals during project execution phase, ensuring compliance with state and federal contract requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and or 3-5 years of related experience
- Task oriented self-starter who is a solid communicator, able to interface at various levels
- Strong MS Office Suites skills and experience with JD Edwards or similar system
Compensation range aligns with local market and salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021