- Lexington, SC
CAREERS WITH OUR CLIENTS THROUGH DHG SEARCH
Project Manager - Lexington/Columbia SC area
We have partnered with a construction company in the Lexington SC area to add a solid Project Manager to their dynamic team. The Project Manager will manage and oversee the successful completion of a multiple concurrent construction projects, executing the work safely, exceeding both quality and cost targets and performing to on-time and within-budget completion.
Solid communication skills are required as the PM will work closely with customers/clients, engineers, suppliers, public officials, inspection and testing groups, subcontractors and internal colleagues. PMs are expected to foster collaborative team environments, lead with integrity and respect and demonstrate the leadership skills required to effectively manage multiple projects and team members.
- Lead by example in a professional and courteous manner reviewing/changing and approving all project contracts, working with preconstruction manager on materials, equipment rentals, supplies and other miscellaneous deliveries required for projects
- Coordinate site activities with contractors, sub-contractors, superintendents/foremen and colleagues regarding project specs and requirements
- Develop and update schedules, budget and targets for safety, quality, cost, productivity and on-time completion
- Participate in project turnover, kick off and close out meetings with estimating and operations teams
- Maintain strict build-out construction schedules and makes changes as necessary to ensure deadlines are met, driving cost-effective strategies and project management techniques in the field to develop and enhance best practices, materials management and continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain compliance with all safety regulations, PPE guidelines, striving to mitigate risk and actively reporting any issues
- Develop and maintain the bi-monthly forecast of project billings and % complete, based on the schedules, executing monthly billing requirements
- Lead weekly project meetings – discuss updates, budget, schedule, any issues, etc.
- Guide, mentor and coach Supers, foremen and subcontractors, providing respectful feedback when necessary and resolving conflict and miscommunication quickly and in alignment with company values
- Excellent leadership, project management and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with PM software programs – MS Office Suites, CAD, SolidWorks, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of concrete, hardscapes and related construction best practices, including project management procedures and templates
- Knowledge of Lean practices would be helpful
- Demonstrated math skills supporting blue-print interpretation and requirements along with the ability to read drawings and convey the information to others
- Ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with numerous internal colleagues, contractors/sub-contractors, DOT and other regulatory agencies in a professional, efficient and effective manner
- Bachelor’s in Construction or Civil Engineering
- PMI certification – preferred
- 5+ years of experience in construction related field a plus
- Valid SC Driver’s License
Monday, August 30, 2021