- Huntersville, NC
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
Controller - Huntersville NC area
Privately held company with a great family culture seeks a qualified Controller. The Controller is the top financial leader in the company and will report directly to the President and maintain responsibility for managing the day-to-day Accounting and Financial Planning. Proficiency with QuickBooks, Google Sheets, Google Drive and MS Excel is required.
The Controller will work hand in hand with colleagues across the organization and should have the desire, energy and capability of developing the necessary goals and plans to contribute to the growth of this organization. Responsibilities for the day-to-day accounting will be required as necessary, but the expertise to be strategic in planning, tax, and forecasting is also critical.
- Maintains the company's system of accounts and keeps accounting and records on all company transactions and assets
- Execute monthly bank reconciliation and maintain accurate cashflow accounting and balance
- Prepares reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations
- Ensures AP/AR activities are handled timely and according to company policy and procedure
- Supervises a small staff and work closely with operation department leaders.
- Responsible for working with external firm on tax compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes
- Ensures all company financial records and data, financial controls and other items are compliant with applicable laws and procedure and proper activities are implemented to ensure on-going compliance
- The Controller has the primary responsibility for providing effective internal financial controls for the organization
- Work with all external parties on behalf of the organization such as Banking, Legal, Public Accounting, etc.
- Remotely manage and improve operations processes of multi-location sites.
- Analyzes financial trends and able to create dashboards and KPIs
- Restaurant, Hospitality, or Service industry experience in an Accounting management role a plus
- Critical Thinking Skills – must be interested in and involved with Operational activities/issues and understand how they affect the Financial Function of the Company
- Experience working in a Small to Mid-Sized Company that is a fast-paced environment
- Communication Skills and Interpersonal Skills must effectively Translate Ideas / Information
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and enhance relationships with contractors and staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- 8+ years professional, related Accounting experience
- Strong Financial Acumen & Significant Analytical Skills
- Solid QuickBooks, MS Office Suites and Google experience is required
Monday, March 29, 2021