Indirect Tax Manager
- Greenville, SC
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
Our client is looking for an Indirect Tax Manager to provide state and local indirect tax planning and compliance services across numerous business entities. You will work directly with multiple finance divisions, customers, and vendors, will manage the indirect tax team, and be connected to a strong support system to ensure you are set up for success in your role.
- Oversee indirect tax compliance (sales, use & excise tax, GST/HST, business personal property tax, etc.) for The Americas and identify new filing requirements for new business and/or changes.
- Review and ensure that the tax filings minimize the overall tax liability leading to tax savings, including rate reviews, exemption certificate maintenance, and discounts are optimized.
- Continuously update and improve tax software for both programming of accurate tax calculations and reporting of tax to various government agencies.
- Closely collaborate with Finance and Accounting on tax and accounting issues impacting the Company’s financials including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in budget preparation for future tax expense projections.
- Serve as a catalyst and leader on organizational and people development initiatives: Develop, mentor, and coach employees.
- Identify and evaluate tax issues during due diligence phase of new business ventures such as mergers and acquisitions, new location searches, employee, and property locations, etc.
- Facilitate the handling of indirect tax audits across multiple entities.
- Lead research of tax laws, regulations, and case law to resolve complex tax issues.
- Closely monitor tax legislation and determine the tax effect of proposed changes and newly enacted tax laws.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience with public accounting, corporate tax and/or accounting at a firm
- At least 4 years of experience with Vertex, AvaTax and other equivalent tax software
- At least 4 years of experiences with SAP, Oracle, or equivalent ERP systems.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using VLOOKUP and SUM functions, creating pivot tables, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Monday, August 16, 2021