Assistant Controller / Controller
- Boone, NC
Careers with our clients through DHG Search
Our client, a family owned multifaceted construction and development company seeks an Assistant Controller to join their Accounting team. This Assistant Controller is responsible for assisting with the controlling and execution of all matters relating to the administrative and accounting functions. This position also works with additional Operational and Support personnel.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee and direct Payroll, Projecting Cash, Cash Management, and overall General Ledger and month-end for multiple entities.
- Provide active direction and leadership on a daily-basis for direct reports which include conducting annual reviews, engaging with staff on employee development and delivering actionable / constructive feedback.
- Drive consistency, accuracy and timeliness for the monthly and quarter closings.
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, and other items related to month-end and quarter-end processes.
- Enter and prepare journal entries which includes approved reclassification of expenses into and out of accounts, correcting entries, allocating expenditures, and etc.
- Participate in the preparation and entry of the annual budget to ensure cost control.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Routinely analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately.
- Assist with preparation/review of financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Maintain and increase knowledge in the accounting software.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all Company records and documents.
- Assist with special projects assigned by management.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance and/or management.
- A minimum of five years of experience in accounting. Experience within a small to mid-size family owned company is preferred and/or public accounting with real estate clients
- Experience within construction and development is a plus.
- Experience with multiple entities is a plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
Tuesday, March 9, 2021