- Hendersonville, NC
DHG Search is conducting a search for a Decision Support Manager. Our client is a not-for-profit hospital and managed by one of the largest healthcare systems in North Carolina. The hospital has 341 physicians representing 46 medical specialties and 139 providers representing 25 allied health areas.
The Decision Support Manager, develops, coordinates, and supervises the preparation of budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information. Performs complex and specialized assignments in area of expertise. Performs lead role in coordinating complex projects. Promotes sound financial decision making within their assigned areas. Works closely with other strategically related areas within the hospital. Responsible for the supervision of employees under decision support. The Decision support manger will report to the Controller and help implement any initiatives directed by the Controller.
Responsible for the supervision of Decision Support functions and employees. Uses knowledge of financial systems to develop and analyze profitability reports for assigned areas. Trains less experienced team members regarding use of Finance systems. Assists management in ensuring compliance with all laws, rules and regulations for assigned areas. Is accountable for appropriate use of the record and compliance with all confidentiality and security policy and procedures related to use, access, and disclosure of PHI. Leads with integrity and ensures exceptional quality and services for all. Ensures exceptional training for all employees.
- Works with department leaders to interpret budget variances and to develop action plans to correct variances. Meets with department leaders at least monthly to discuss financials.
- Leads financial portion of departmental meetings. Provides recommendations to management regarding resolution of variances. Takes lead in assigned area of internal and external benchmark process in ensuring productivity targets are being met. Works with department leaders to correct any deficiencies.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of the monthly financials for his/her assigned areas including preparing journal entries. Works with Finance Director/CFO in month end process to resolve any questions related to his/her areas. Trains new and less experienced team members in month end process.
- Develops capital pro-forma’s for assigned departments in gathering data and developing assumptions for new services, projects and expenditures. Makes recommendations to ensure efficient use of resources. Leads updating of the 5-year capital plan and 5-year operating plan process as assigned. Works with department leaders in developing operating and capital budgets. Provides education as needed to assigned departments on budget tools and concepts. Trains less experienced team members on budget process.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuing education and professional development through pursuit of a comprehensive knowledge of healthcare finance and hospital operational matters.
- Assists Directors, Manager, and fellow senior team members within department on various projects or tasks as assigned. Participates in completion of survey information for state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- 10 years basic accounting experience is required.
- 5 years of financial analyst experience is required.
- Experience in non-profit work and hospital environment preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages required. Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge preferred or software training required within 6 months.
Thursday, February 18, 2021