- Washington, DC
DHG Search is currently in search of a Controller for a top consulting firm in Washington, DC. Our client provides businesses, universities, and other non-profits with in-depth federal acquisition marketing expertise and solid business development services. They are seasoned experts with decades of experience and success helping clients navigate, capture, and expand federal government sales.
The individual will be responsible for all accounting operations, to include routine accounting functions, production of periodic financial reports, operation of the JAMIS system, maintenance of accounting records, and ensuring a comprehensive set of internal controls. The Corporate Controller should have experience leading the annual budget process and ensure the production of timely and accurate financial results that comply with generally accepted accounting principles and federal acquisition regulations. The individual will provide strategic financial advice to senior management. The individual will lead and supervise the accounting staff; and coordinate across all functional areas throughout the organization.
The successful candidate must have a thorough, working knowledge of the cost accounting principles for government contractors operating under contracts issued by USAID, GSA, and other government agencies. The candidate should have experience with DCAA or other Agency auditors, external CPAs, and the government audit process.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including setting and achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Provide hands-on direction to AP, Payroll, AR, Billing, and GL transactions
- Responsible for daily and weekly banking and cash management
- Facilitate monthly close process and prepare accurate and timely financial statements
- Update accounting policies and procedures, as needed
- Work with IT to resolve/manage any JAMIS related issues/upgrades/optimization
- Collaborate with HR to coordinate new hire/termination of employees; multi-state business and tax registrations, and other accounting related matters
- Coordinate and develop annual company-wide budget, monthly rolling forecast, and comparison of actual to budget
- Monitor indirect rate calculations, and prepare annual incurred cost submission
- Provide briefings and project status reports to management; respond to budgetary data calls
- Provide financial analyses and support as needed, in particular for new business initiatives, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Prepare pricing and basis of estimates for cost proposals
- Advise the leadership team on long-range financial strategies
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and financial institutions
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Participate in special projects and other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
- 10-15 years’ experience to include 8+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to delegate effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of federal government contracting, ideally in a services environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- M.B.A., C.P.A. or comparable graduate degree
- Experience using JAMIS Prime EPR
- Experience with USAID procurement regulations (AIDAR) and Federal Travel Regulations (FTR/DSSR)
Wednesday, May 26, 2021