Vice President of Finance
- Augusta, GA
Careers with our clients through DHG Search
Vice President of Finance is a member of the Leadership Team and will have the overall responsibility for the finances and financial strategies of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Together with the Ownership and CFO, develops strategy to ensure that the organization has the financial resources needed to achieve its current and future goals, while mitigating financial and operational risk.
- Establishes and maintains controls for risk management, including bonding and insurance.
- Documents and recommends improvements to internal financial policies and procedures.
- Identifies KPIs necessary to measure financial performance.
- Manages, analyzes, and reports on financial performance of the organization.
- Develops, fosters, and manages effective working relationships with key financial partners including banking, financial, and other collateral administrative functions.
- Coordinates all lending activities and manages the investment portfolio.
- Assists the Ownership and CFO with capital allocation decisions.
- Oversees audit and tax functions.
- Tracks cash flow and financial planning and analyzes the company's financial strengths and weaknesses; proposes corrective actions.
- Reviews key legal agreements for compliance, including but not limited to: mortgages, loan documents, and construction loans.
- Recommends the financial strategy for reaching the organization’s goals; monitors and analyzes financial results and complex financial data.
- Creates business intelligence tools: i.e., compelling reports, dashboards, etc.
- Forecasting and scenarios.
- Implements asset protection strategies.
- Manages internal security controls.
- Oversees organizational budgeting, accounting and cash management to ensure accurate reporting, interpretation and analysis of financial results in conjunction with forecasts and long-range plans.
- Assists the Ownership and CFO and Vice President of Development with property purchase and sales.
- Manages and monitors the organization’s cash flow and real estate development capital needs.
- Supervises and fosters the professional growth of Controller and the Accounting staff.
- Oversees Information Technology and cybersecurity efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance AND MBA
- CPA license or CMA designation is preferred
- Five years senior fiscal management experience (in construction )
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, accounting software programs, and network administration
- Technical knowledge of accounting regulations, policies, and procedures
- Broad knowledge of finance and accounting principles with strong mathematical apti
- Knowledge and experience with real estate development and construction cost accounting and finance, preferably in the single family residential or multi-family industry
Monday, March 29, 2021