Senior Financial Analyst
- Greenville, SC
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
This position partners with business and operations leaders to provide financial analytics that drive business results in support of the short-term and long-term value of the assets, liabilities and overall business investments. The position also delivers analysis of the finance process linking financial results to operational performance drivers (KPI’s). This position interfaces with internal customers, corporate finance functions, drives continuous improvement to deliverables. This position is a dynamic leader within the business by providing valuable decision support analysis and driving business success. This position will also assist Corporate Finance functions as well.
- · Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to
assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- · Assist in preparation and review of the global budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning process across all business units.
- · Develop reports that analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice as required.
- · Develop, implement, modify, and document new accounting and finance systems for business intelligence including dashboards, and various other data delivery tools including SharePoint.
- · Partner with business and IT stakeholders to support business process redesign in line with the ERP system capabilities and assist in developing financial dashboards (Power Bi)
- · Create documentation of business processes and training materials if needed and assist with organizational change management
- · Provide internal auditing services for the company, by auditing at least two business processes each year from a plant operation stand
- · Maintain capital expense records including project costs and depreciation schedules, perform lookback analysis on major capital projects as required using accepted return on investment methodology.
- · Provide month and year-end closing assistance including working with the outside auditors.
- · Support cross functional projects such as cost reduction initiatives, innovation/growth initiatives, and continuous improvement efforts
- · Other duties as assigned
- · BS Degree in Accounting or related degree
- · CPA is required
- MBA preferred
- · 4 to 8 years in Public Accounting is required
- Experience in GAAP
- · MS Office, Power BI, and MS AX ERP (or similar ERP system)
- · Abstract Reasoning Ability – potential to solve problems and understand logical relationships
- · Energy – potential to sustain a high level of activity over extended periods
- · Flexibility – willingness to modify an approach and to adapt to changing environments
- · Idea Oriented – preference for thinking creatively and generating new ways to solve problems
- · Risk-taking – willingness to take chances
- · Thoroughness – tendency to pay attention to detail
Thursday, April 8, 2021