Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
Privately held Real Estate Development/Investment company seeks a qualified Controller, who will be responsible for managing the day to day Accounting and Financial operating segments, including reporting, cash management, financial analysis and asset management. The Controller must work hand in hand with a small entrepreneurial team and should have the desire, energy and capability to contribute to the growth and success of this dynamic organization.
• Evaluates, certifies, and coordinates general ledger entries in adherence to generally accepted accounting principles in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
• Performs/reviews period ending closeout procedures, including monthly accruals, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations and reporting
• Supports month-end, quarter-end and year-end closeout processes, including financial reports and documentation to assist CPA with of completion of Tax Returns
• Analyzes financial information, summarizing and interpreting current and projected company financial positions for management.
• Works closely with the development, acquisition and operating Team while being actively involved in all facets of the business
• Analyzes accounting and financial reporting systems for process improvements and recommendations.
• Manages system data and verify data accuracy initially and monitor as updates or changes occur to ensure data integrity
• Manages assets according to investment preferences and goals. Assesses asset status, needs, risks, goals and progress
• Performs A/R, A/P duties with direct bill payments and reconciliation duties. • Studies market trends to maximize profits and identify investment opportunities • Cultivates and maintains positive relationships
• Compiles and presents asset management reports to clients and senior executives • Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related opportunities and tasks
• Provides administrative assistance and other general office duties as needed
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office; Advanced level Excel; QuickBooks Pro and ability to be proficient in similar software systems
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently with minimal direction
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally and exhibit appropriate social skills
• Ability to understand and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and laws governing our industry/business