- Stamford, CT
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
Accounting Manager - Stamford/Greenwich CT
This is an ideal opportunity for a strong Senior Accountant or public accounting Auditor seeking a transition to industry. This opportunity is uniquely positioned to offer rapid development and ongoing career growth.
We are engaged with a leading developer/contractor that has a well-respected nationwide presence looking to build out a new office in the Greenwich CT area. This is a unique opportunity for a strong professional to work with the accounting and finance executives and lead the corporate office build out.
The Accounting Manager will report to the Controller, with a dotted line to the CFO, and support the overall corporate strategy, overseeing day-to-day accounting, running financial analysis, and executing month-end close and related reporting. The Accounting Manager will help develop and implement internal controls, ensuring compliance within the accounting department and working closely with the executive team to build out the accounting and finance function for this office.
- Operational accounting duties including oversight for general ledger, A/P, A/R, cash management and reconciliations
- Execute financial close and preparation / review of all financial statements and reports: Trial Balance, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements
- Work closely with and manage conversations with external groups for tax, audit and banking purposes.
- Assist with forecasting, financial analysis, budgeting and variance analysis including implementing and maintaining internal controls and system integrity
- Maintain specifications to include pricing and job costing for contracts and oversee monthly billing and related accounting to A/R to cash reconciliations
- Maintain monthly WIP accounts reconciliations and oversee pricing strategy, inventory and A/P reconciliations
- Reassess and propose new policies and procedures that address evolving business needs
- Construction related accounting experience helpful: Profitability by Job, Sales vs. COS, Actual vs. Expected Percentages, Loss from Inadequate Markup, Total Sales, Old Inventory vs. Current, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a public accounting firm
- Background in development/contracting or construction industry would be helpful
- Advanced skills in Excel and ERP systems, related to the accounting function
Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. You must be local to the Greenwich area, or able to reasonably commute.
Monday, April 4, 2022