- Duncan, SC
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
The Financial Analyst - FP&A is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial activity through a variety of reporting methods. This role prepares the monthly financial forecast and associated reports, and assists in building, validating, consolidating, and later verifying the annual budget. This role encourages others to discover, develop and apply their talents enabling them to reach their full potential, and actively engages in our Lean journey by building and acting on continuous improvement and development opportunities.
- Assist in the creation of the annual three-year budget by coordinating and consolidating the input from all functional areas domestically and internationally to create detailed financial reports. Throughout the year, analyze and report the variances between actual and budgeted results.
- Assist in the preparation and review of consolidated monthly financial statements including the conversion of foreign currencies and uploading into Hyperion Financial Management (“HFM”), which is the corporate reporting and consolidation application.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial forecast and related schedules.
- Provide insightful analysis and information through the preparation of various weekly and monthly reports and presentations (i.e. weekly KPI’s, weekly cash slides, Hoshin metrics, monthly operating reports, etc.)
- Routinely communicate consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
- Work on various Hoshin and Ad Hoc Projects.
- Assist with internal and external audits, and help create, coordinate, and maintain internal controls that are consistent with the guidelines given from Corporate Finance.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to deal with rapidly changing internal and external business factors.
- Demonstrated ability to follow proper financial reporting and controls, maintaining confidentiality and integrity of data.
- Thorough knowledge of global financial and accounting theory, principles, and practices and US GAAP
- Technical capacity and strong ability to understand and gain an in-depth knowledge of financial transactions in a complex, diverse, worldwide manufacturing organization.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex financial issues in a simple and easy to understand manner to non-financial team members and in a concise / executive summary format for senior leadership.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to drive towards results despite ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Strong project management and presentation skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Proficiency in MS Office and finance/accounting systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to independently solve problems while interfacing with all levels of an organization in a professional environment.
- Must be capable of effectively multi-tasking, managing multiple deliverables and high priority tasks.
- Capable of collaborating across all functional areas of the business constructively and efficiently, within a fast-paced, manufacturing-intensive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA preferred
- CPA designation
- Minimum 3 years of financial or accounting experience including preparation of financial statements, budgets and forecasts, including translating foreign currency financial statements and ratio analysis
- AS/400 and Infor XA skills and experience
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management
- Experience consolidating domestic and international financial statements
- Ability to travel (25%)
- Ability to work extended days and hours as needed to meet business needs.
Wednesday, September 22, 2021