Contract Cost Accountant
- Winston-Salem, NC
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
We are seeking an entry-level Cost Accountant for a 3-4 month project role within a large food/beverage manufacturer in the Winston-Salem NC area. This position would be ideal for someone with 1 - 3 years of manufacturing accounting experience – internship experience in costing within a manufacturing environment is acceptable.
This is a hands-on, in the plant, on-the-floor position. The cost accounting contractor will compile production timing data, research and analyze production runs, compile cost data with regards to materials, labor and standard overhead for various production runs. He or she must be comfortable in a plant setting and interested in materials usage, contracts and maintaining inventory and “percentage of completion” data and reports.
- Compile cost data of materials, labor, and assigning overhead standards to jobs
- Review standard costing to adjust for true-up as needed
- Review bill of materials; able to map and understand manufacturing process
- Hands-on, comfortable being on the manufacturing floor to evaluate machine times, waste, etc.
- Maintain records of procurement and usage of materials, subcontract items, and services
- Analyze and report “percentage of completion” data and prepare interim billings on individual projects
- Check & Investigate unreported/estimated cost at job completion and prepare estimate/actual cost sheet on individual jobs
- Prepare journal entries for accounting on completed jobs and in-process jobs and maintain daily production time records
- Manage job estimates, taking change orders into account and developing accurate job cost records for management decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 0-3 years of manufacturing job cost accounting experience/exposure
- Solid computer and software skills
- Interested in being in the plant, handling on the floor inventory, job cost accounting and data analysis and reporting
Wednesday, February 24, 2021