Senior Cost Accountant / Analyst
- Spartanburg, SC
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
The ideal candidate will manage and perform financial and cost functions including job costing, construction accounting and budget issue and review for the company.
- Prepares and analyzes general ledger and monthly financial reports for assigned divisions including the preparation of percent complete estimates for contracts in progress analysis.
- Checks data in the financial ledgers related to labor and material costs, expense items, inventory and work-in-progress. Information is transferred from the plants via ERP integration software. Information is then reviewed and analyzed for accuracy.
- Investigates and determines the causes of cost variations. Information is transferred from the plants via Baan integration software. Information is then reviewed and analyzed for accuracy.
- Maintains systems and prepares reports for Job Cost and Cost of Manufacturing in the ERP System. These reports are related to project and construction accounting and reflect the profitability of the corporation on both a project and department basis.
- Ensures the accuracy of all manufacturing costs. This includes raw materials, labor and surcharges. Periodically calculates standard costs and reviews for accuracy.
- Performs financial costing and pricing of raw material, custom and finished goods inventories. This includes determining when and what item groups are to be counted on a periodic basis as well as insuring the items are appropriately costed. Also, includes coordination with external auditors as to evaluation, cost and timing. Responsible to reconcile physical inventories to the ERP system on a monthly basis.
- Oversees and administers the annual budgeting process companywide including preparing budget packages, analyzing preliminary budgets and business plan goals to ascertain attainment and maintaining ERP system.
- Coordinates the management of all offsite Records Management for the Spartanburg location. This includes working with outside vendor to properly store records.
- Prepares required governmental reports including survey and census reports.
- Prepares and analyzes numerous cost and financial reports including the P&L Summary, Prestress Division Total Cost, Freight, Cubic Yard Cost Analysis, Engineering Cost Comparison, Distribution %’s of Total Revenue and Costs, Overhead Analysis, Production Revenue Per Employee, Field Operation Costs, Manpower Comparison, Head Count, General Manager Weekly Reports and Monthly Production Revenue Per Employee.
- Updates ERP General Ledger System daily with automated entries created by the Shop Floor Modules. Investigates errors and reviews for reasonableness. Uploads weekly production revenue by project into the General Ledger.
- Assists ERP Financial Users with problems and questions related to the ERP system.
- Conducts manager training, as needed, on the use of the ERP system for cost and financial data.
- Performs duties typical to this classification requiring judgment in analysis of facts in situations to determine proper action.
- Provides cost data to the Estimating Departments for inclusion in quotes to customers.
- Performs other duties and special projects as may be assigned.
- Four-year accounting degree from an accredited college or university.
- CMA certification considered a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is required. Products include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Excel knowledge should be extensive.
- Additionally, broad knowledge of ERP operating systems is required.
Monday, August 16, 2021