- Greenville, SC
A premiere hospital in Upstate South Carolina is seeking a Healthcare Accounting Manager who has 5 + years of experience in healthcare reimbursement managing special projects. This person must be able to work closely with the CFO in managing special projects and analyzing financial reports for the hospital. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a top-notch healthcare system while enjoying great benefits, an excellent professional work environment within the company.
The employer is a well-established, not-for-profit comprehensive health system consisting of more than 3,000 team members providing care to 300,000+ residents.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Accounting Department. This will include supervision of three staff accountants as well as accounts payable and payroll.
- Responsible for the monthly close of Self Regional and all affiliated entities. This will include preparation of monthly journal entries and supervision of entries completed by supervised staff.
- Responsible for the annual audit. Includes the preparation of all supporting schedules and all data necessary for external auditors to complete field work.
- Responsible for monthly account reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial statements that are presented to both the fiscal policy committee as well as the Self Medical Group Board.
- Keep abreast of all accounting standards changes and requirements. Assess those changes and the impact to Self Regional.
- Responsible for completion of all other 3rd party reports such as the annual JAR report.
- Responsible for the review of all current work process and identifying changes that will improve the workflow. Identify technologies that may streamline are process or provide better information to are customers.
- Maintain documentation and for and complete all monthly billings for services provided to other third parties.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 + yrs Healthcare reimbursement experience
- CPA Preferred
- Epic Experience
- Payroll Experience
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Must have experience with Medicare/Medicaid Cost Reports, Wage Index, Medicaid DSH Filings, and Knowledge of federal and state reimbursement regulations.
Tuesday, December 15, 2020