Central Billing Office Manager
- Newton, NC
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
Directly supervises all office staff in the Central Billing Office. Responsible for total day-to-day duties of managing a central billing office as necessary to capture the maximum reimbursement for services rendered.
- Responsible for compliant billing and A/R collections to minimize bad debt of all medical services provided by physicians.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of regulatory guidelines for Medicare, Medicaid, Worker’s Comp and other sources of mandatory regulations.
- Ensures insurance processing and posting of insurance payments are performed on a daily basis so that revenues are not lost or delayed due to errors, omissions or time limit specifications.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errant billing procedures on an on-going basis as received. Errant billing trends are addressed and pertinent staff is educated on correct process.
- Works closely with Director, Operation Managers, and all Practice Coordinators to review and revise office billing and collection policies and procedures.
- Provides month end and other requested financial information.
- Works constructively with Central Billing Office Staff, Operation Managers, and all Practice Coordinators in confronting and solving problems.
- Ensures insurance processing and posting of monies is performed on a daily basis. Tracks unpaid claims in a timely manner. Insures CBO deposits are made on a daily basis.
- Treats patients/family members, guests, health care team members and other associates with care, courtesy and respect. Consistently anticipates the needs of customers and puts those needs first. Demonstrates commitment to service and contributes to creating a positive, caring environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field or Associate degree in related field with extensive relevant work experience.
- Required Five or more years physician office billing and collection experience.
- One or more years supervisory experience.
- Extensive knowledge of all third-party payers: Medicare, Medicaid and Worker’s Compensation and Managed Care.
- Experience with compliance issues, ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Required Interpersonal skills, Organizational skills, Verbal and written communication skills, Goal setting skills, and Microsoft Office skills.
Friday, May 27, 2022