Chief Financial Officer
- Florence, SC
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
Our client is currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join their growing team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making that affects the company and will provide strategic financial input to the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team. While keenly overseeing the overall accounting process, the successful CFO will play a key role in developing and implementing financial policies and procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of our Association.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Association’s fiscal function and performance to include principal responsibility for budgeting, accounting, cash management, capital analysis to include patronage distributions, financial reporting, Enterprise Risk Management (EFR), and Information Technology (IT).
- Overall responsibility for the Association’s internal control systems to include Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) together with associated policies, and procedures to ensure sound business practices and appropriate segregation of duties.
- Participate as a member of the Executive Leadership Team in the development of the Associations’ business plans and associated programs.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Association.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Provide oversight of accounts payable, general accounting and payment processing functions of the Association.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of unit managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Association may enter.
- Evaluate the finance and operations division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
- This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Controller, certain Operations staff, and the indirect supervision of all employees in the Operations Unit.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA, Masters in Accounting or Finance or CPA preferred
- 10 or more years of related experience and/or training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior direct supervision of employees.
Wednesday, July 7, 2021