Construction Project Manager
- Blacksburg, VA
Project Manager - Commercial Construction
DHG - Blacksburg, VA
Open to relocation.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all types of commercial construction projects ranging in size, complexity, and type.
- Provides overall direction, coordination, and functional authority for assigned projects.
- Some estimating and pre-construction services
- Responsible for leading and providing strategic direction for a diverse project team of construction professionals
- Serves as the projects primary point of contact
- Responsible for the overall contract management and performance
- Responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relationships with all team members (both internal and external to the organization)
- Responsible for ensuring projects are completed on or ahead of schedule, on or under budget, having met or exceeded quality goals, & performed injury-free
- Responsible for consistently achieving high customer satisfaction
- Responsible for project buyout, submittal process, invoice approvals, project billings, change management, schedule management, and project close-out.
- Responsible for subcontract management
- Responsible for working closely with the project superintendent(s) to achieve all project goals
- Responsible for project regulatory compliance
- Responds to off-duty priority or emergency situations
- Produce and present project update reports both internally and externally
- Assess risks and establish contingency plans
- Assist in developing and implementing company-wide initiatives
- Mentoring junior project managers and support staff
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or related field (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience as a construction project manager (preferably in one or more of the following fields: healthcare, multi-family, religious, commercial office, retail, & government)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver commercial construction projects which are on/ahead of schedule, on/under budget, and while meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Demonstrated experience taking projects from pre-design through project close-out and warranty period.
- Estimating experience
- Experience with Design+Build, cost plus, and lump sum projects.
- Experience with both ground up and renovation projects.
- Strong communication skills (written & oral)
- Experience working with and leading cross functional teams
- Excellent customer service & people skills
- Detailed-oriented, relationship-builder, self-motivated, organized, planner, problem solver, team-mindset, dependable, works with sense of urgency, goal-driven, positive attitude, critical thinker, consensus builder, analytical
- Effective time manager
- Proven ability to perform under pressure
- Strong ethics and person of integrity
- Strong business acumen
- Effective conflict management skills
- Willingness to continually learn and improve
- Effectively manage conflicting priorities
- Strong math & accounting skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Suite, Scheduling Software, Project Management Software, PlanGrid, BlueBeam, Sage Timberline Estimating)
- OSHA 30 (preferred)
- Valid Drivers License with acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass drug screening and a background check
Wednesday, March 2, 2022