Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
Our client is a mid sized manufacturing company and looking to add a Controller to their team. The Controller will direct financial activities of the company. Company offers work/life balance, good benefits and competitive salary.
• Leads and directs an organization's accounting functions.
• Establishes and maintains the organization's overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies.
• Directs all analysis and reporting of financial information including budgets, planning, and required filings and reports.
• Develop and maintain departmental budgets with CFO.
• Presents findings and recommendations to management.
• Manages and administers all accounting operations of the company, including account receivables, account payables, inventory and other financial functions of the Company and its Affiliates.
• Responsible for the compilation and accuracy of financial reporting and ensuring GAAP compliance.
• Prepare monthly financial statements and quarterly reports required by lending institutions and review financial covenant compliance.
• Establish department goals to support operational initiatives.
• Develop, document, and provide for continuous improvement in accounting processes and procedures.
• Review and analyze financial results, identify variations and suggest improvements.
• Provide for a system of management cost reports.
• Ensure compliance with all Local, State, and Federal laws and statutes and other governmental regulations, which are directly applicable to the company.
• Prepare and compile information for tax returns to be submitted to the regulatory agency or to the external accounting firm.
• Work directly with external accounting firm in preparation of annual review.
• Prepare documentation and support other audit needs.
• Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Oversee and manage direct reports in the Finance Department.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Bachelors in Accounting
• 5+ years of management experience
• Minimum of 5 years accounting experience preferably in the manufacturing sector AND Cost Accounting experience is a must
• Must be able to communicate effectively and possess professional interpersonal skills
• Must have an acceptable background and credit check
• Must be able to receive government security clearance
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must have proven ability and will be required to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment.
• Must have excellent experience in PC-based computing (word processing - Microsoft Word, spreadsheet - Microsoft Excel, presentation - Microsoft PowerPoint, documentation, statistical software) is essential.
• Experience in JobBoss
• Must have knowledge and experience in accounting required compliancy and regulatory laws.
• Attention to details