Junior Paralegal - Santa Monica
- Santa Monica, CA
Major Entertainment firm is seeking an experienced Junior Paralegal who can start immediately.
Position Summary and Qualifications:
Essential job function: Provide legal support to attorneys within the designated practice area.
The qualified candidate must have basic knowledge and understanding of Litigation. This includes assisting with discovery, preparing and managing databases. Filing experience preferred. Working knowledge of Relativity, PACER, CM/ECF, Westlaw, Lexis, as well as other relevant litigation applications is also preferred. The candidate should be solutions oriented, have excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills. The ability to work under pressure of competing deadlines and priorities and the flexibility to work with various litigation teams is required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Organize, index and maintain case files
- Assist with the preparation and drafting of various legal documents including transmittal letters, subpoenas and case summaries for attorney review
- Gather case related materials including contracts, witness and expert files, and exhibits
- Assist with filing documents with federal and state courts, arbitration and dispute resolution bodies, and government agencies
- Maintain departmental docketing calendar to ensure timely filings
- Provide administrative trial support, including maintaining exhibit lists and filing court documents
- High School degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least two (2) years of related work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Experience with supporting a corporate department is a plus
Friday, November 5, 2021
22.00-27.00 per hour