UCLA Accounts Receivables Clerk
- Los Angeles, CA
UCLA is HIRING!! We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk ffor bussing accounting department. As the AR clerk, you will be responsible for leading and operating the billing and collection processes and functions. This position is highly visible at UCLA and requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the department and staff. Other responsibilities include optimizing collections and reimbursement ensuring accurate and compliant billing and maintaining AR days and cash flow at acceptable levels.
- Responsible for the Accounts Receivable department and the day-to-day activities using Club Essential Accounting Software. This position requires a hands-on person that will be deeply involved in the day-to-day activities of the departments he/she oversees.
- Research develop and implement collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquency of outstanding accounts. Maintain a working knowledge of current credit and collection legal requirements and state-of-the-art protocols.
- Implements processes and policies to ensure accurate invoicing.
- Based on balance due aging, designs and implements processes to contact customers who have outstanding accounts based on the delinquency of accounts to recover past due payments.
- Monitors and negotiates the payment of past-due accounts. Establishes procedures for final demand of payment.
- Research, identify and select outside Credit Collection agencies for use when accounts have exhausted all internal controls.
- Approve or reject service requests based on credibility and potential revenue losses.
- Resolve unpaid claims by taking appropriate actions to recover lost revenue within the legal system by seeking court judgments, making court appearances, and performing any follow-up measures available.
- Provides management with reporting and analytical & trend analysis
- Requires 2-3 years of previous experience in a related area as an individual contributor.
- Experience in University Accounting and/or Club Essential Software a plus
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of previous experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Highly proficient in computer software, i.e, databases, Microsoft office, credit and collection systems
- A keen eye for detail
- An analytical mind and good math skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned are related to the stated job function.
Wednesday, September 28, 2022