SR SQL DBA - Opperational
- Glendale, CA
SR SQL DBA
This position will be local, to the Glendale office, as they must interact with various business units.
Looking for an Operational DBA not a developer.
- 8+ years of enterprise experience.
- This DBA, will be the lead on our SQL 2008 R2 upgrade\consolidation project.
- Position Requirements:
- Experience in administering a Microsoft SQL Server Database as a Production/Operational Database Administrator, in a mid-size environment (approximately 60 servers ranging from SQL Server 2008 – SQL Server 2016) on the Microsoft Windows platform.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using either native (SQL Profiler) or 3rd party tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Work with developers and other team members to push database changes to production.
- Apply service packs/hotfixes to SQL server as needed.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations for various types of hardware technology.
- Experience with installing and supporting a scaled out Reporting Services environment (SSRS).
- Experience with developing data flow processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot under pressure.
- This job requires work to be done outside of normal working hours including weeknights and occasionally weekends.
Tuesday, May 17, 2022