TITLE: Network Administrator
TYPE: Contract (potential to convert to a permanent role)
LOCATION: Glendale (closer to Burbank), CA
INDUSTRY: Retail – Publicly Traded
Assist in the development and maintenance of network communications. Use knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Test and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. Under general supervision, design voice and data communication systems, supervise installation of these systems, and provide maintenance and service to clients after installation. Support and assists in day-to-day operations and administration of networks and Windows environment. Define and document user requirements, design/recommend network solutions, and coordinate their implementation. Perform activities to complete service requests and resolve problems as directed including hardware and software installations and respond to user support requests.
• Assist in managing the corporate network infrastructure (multiple offices and data centers across the US)
• Assist in administering and maintaining the Company's Wide Area Network and
• Administer, troubleshoot, and maintain VoIP telephone systems
• Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, upgrade, and monitor performance of network components.
• Support network and related hardware, software and infrastructure such as servers, printers, switches and routers
• Create network user and/or object accounts
• Monitor network security following established procedures
• Assist in the development and maintenance of network documentation
• Troubleshoot and resolve network problems.
• Support network functions, including applying patches, installing operating system revisions, maintaining, repairing, upgrading hardware and generating reports
• Provide end user support for network-related access or performance issues