We are looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to lead our payroll function for a large corporate payroll department. You’ll work to ensure our payroll is processed on a weekly basis and done efficiently. Prior experience in a similar company preferred but not necessary. Our ideal candidate is analytical and methodical, with experience in payroll administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations. We also value integrity, team spirit, and strong organizational skills. You must be proficient in high volume payroll or have WORKDAY Payroll experience.
Your goal will be to ensure our payroll procedures are compliant, efficient, and correct Must have experience with multi-state payroll.
4+ years of experience processing payroll required.
NOTE: This is a full-time position and will require working out of the corporate office in Burbank. NO REMOTE WORK.
· Independently performing manual check processing, data source uploads, ad hoc reporting and queries, garnishment processing, system calculations, employee updates/edits, and tax update testing
· Validating weekly/ bi-weekly/semi-monthly/quarterly/annual tax reports for accuracy
· Assisting the Payroll Manager and Payroll Supervisor with quarterly and annual tax filing for all jurisdictions.
· Assisting the Payroll Manager and Payroll Supervisor with W-2 processing and distribution
· Creating and validating bi-weekly/semi-monthly General Ledger files for upload to 3E accounting software
· Maintaining YTD balances of the Firm’s salary accounts to ensure correct reclassification of expenses
· Posting journal entries to reclassify Firm’s expenses
· Reviewing and validating upstream data files before uploading into PeopleSoft
· Preforming timecard edits and balancing payroll files to ensure accurate payroll processing
· Working closely with local and global HR managers to assist with employee processing
· Fielding all employee payroll related questions accurately, efficiently, and succinctly
Must have 4 plus years of payroll processing. WORKDAY Payroll is a plus