PROOF OF VACCINATION IS REQUIRED TO WORK ONSITE.
We are seeking to hire a qualified residential advisor for a well-known Youth Center in Hollywood California. If you are passionate about making a difference and working with youth. we want to hear from you. We are looking for Social Services professionals who have experience working with youth and engagement with our residents. We are seeking caring, compassionate, and motivated Youth and Family Advisors to work with our residents on-site.
1) Supervises the general care and safety of participants.
2) Instructs the program participation of participants by providing a consistent, nurturing environment with clear expectations and limits.
3) Assists in the development and implementation of positive behavioral interventions and in the implementation of treatment plan goals.
4) Participates in supporting participants’ progress through attending groups, treatment reviews, and special staffing meetings.
5) Provides transportation for participants to any off-site activities, medical appointments, or individual/family therapy as needed.
6) Provides services to participants with an awareness and integration of the developmental milestones of children or youth.
7) Acts as a primary counselor to several participants assigned and carries out all duties of the primary counselor function.
8) Assists in the team approach to planning and implementing program needs of age-appropriate recreational, skills-building and community integration activities.
Education:.High School Diploma/GED and one of the following:
Teaching Assistant, Youth Coordinator, Homeless Shelter, Program Coordinator, afterschool program, and/or experience with working with social services.
Pays $18-$20 per hour