Staff Tax Accountant
- Torrance, CA
We are looking to hire a Staff Tax Accountant to join our team who will help with the preparation of tax returns and assist with related client tax matters. The Staff Tax Accountant gathers and reviews a client's tax documents to prepare the necessary partnership, corporate, trust, or individual income tax returns. Perpetual internal communication with an administrative team and the supervisor/manager/partner is also required to bolster an efficient workflow to complete accurate and timely prepared tax returns.
- Prepare tax accounting adjustments and financial statements for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, and estates.
- Prepare personal, corporate, partnership, and estate/trust tax returns
- Understand client tax issues and situations and assist with tax research
- Assist with IRS issues and drafting responses to governmental correspondence
- Assist other team members with accounting responsibilities as necessary
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Understanding of tax concepts related to individuals, C Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, estates, and trusts
- General knowledge of accounting software such as QuickBooks, AgiLink and/or Datafaction is a plus.
- Ability to interact and communicate with clients (written, verbal, and in-person)
- Ability to analyze issues, perform research, and demonstrate critical thinking to apply recommendations
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivator with excellent organization skills
- Able to work in an environment with many interruptions and multitask with composure
- Always uses discretion when handling confidential information
- Highly organized and efficient with strong attention to detail and high accuracy rate
- Able to adapt to new software and technologies
- Dependable and takes ownership of responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree required in accounting or a related field
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficient in Adobe and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
Wednesday, November 16, 2022