Human Resource Assistant
- Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking to hire a Human Resource Assistant to support the daily operations of a busy Human Resouce Office. The HR Assistant will provide assistance to enhance recruitment and engagement activities for the local franchise office.
- Answer each incoming call in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner
- Assist with scheduling and conducting applicant interviews.
- Assist with conducting reference checks, criminal background and motor vehicle check and drug screens on new hires
- Assist with creating employment records including but not limited to I-9 form, W-4 form and all other employment-related documents.
- Assist with orientation and all training including training required to meet Home Instead® Standards and additional optional training.
- Assist with scheduling annual reviews
- Assist with regular performance conversations, accountabilities, and problem resolution.
- Assist with monitoring, meditating, and logging all employee activity utilizing the software system.
- Assist the administrative team with special projects.
- Assist with preparing new hire packages
- Assist with planning and successfully executing meetings
- Assist with monitoring compliance for local and federal labor and safety laws including but not limited to EOE, ADA, FMLA, and OSHA
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the managers, and colleagues.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's Degree or higher preferred.
- HR experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain the confidentiality of the information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity, and fair-mindedness consistent with office standards, practices, policies, and procedures
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Excel and Word
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must have the ability to work as a part of a team
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills
Wednesday, September 22, 2021