We are seeking amazing compassionate professionals who have a passion for supporting children with special needs. We are seeking to hire Counselors with skills, experience, and/or education in the Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice), or Special Education fields. These will support amazing youth (at-risk adolescent males, ages 10-17) to develop or expand their skills in supporting our residential, community or school-based program.
· Counselors supervise and work with youth. Priorities and duties include ensuring a safe and positive environment for change. Counselors teach, coach, counsel, serve as role models, and respond to crises/emergencies using positive interventions, effective professional relationships and therapeutic / behavioral skills. Staff also administer medications, track and report behaviors via computer, oversee and assist with maintaining agency/licensing living standards, and assist with physical interventions when difficult behaviors require.
· Experience in the field a plus (and required for senior position).
· Ability to engage with youth, apply sound judgment, be positive and deescalate aggressive behaviors.
· Ability to be on time, follow instructions, and use sound judgment.
· Must be able to drive and to speak/understand English.
· Candidates must clear background fingerprint checks, pass physical assessments (including functional abilities and drug screening), and demonstrate a driving record acceptable to our insurer (staff drive youth in company vehicles).