LGBTQ+ Youth Advisor
- Los Angeles, CA
We are a national nonprofit seeking to interview and hire immediately. The LGBTQ+ Youth Advisors are responsible to maintain a safe, predictable, and living environment for residents in care. We are seeking kind, compassionate people who enjoy making a difference. We are a friendly and compassionate place. Our whole mission is to make a difference in Youth Lives. Must have tolerance of supporting all residents, including LGBTQ+ residents.
Milieu Therapist Responsibilities:
- Close supervision, counseling, and support to the residents during all planned activities
- Plans and implements individual and group initiatives and support residents self-esteem
- Ensures that the basic needs of new residents are met, and that the cottage is maintained in a safe, orderly, and engage with the new residents
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team that includes recreation, group activities, special events, social programs, and other online professionals.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- HS Diploma and 1 years of practical work experience.
- Experience working with youth, preferably in a residential setting
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff and supervise residents.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
$17 - $22/hr