Accounting Manager - CPA Preferred
- Los Angeles, CA
A national organization with offices in Los Angeles has an opening for an Accounting Manager position for its finance division to support the Finance operations. This position will support the general accounting close cycle and reporting process to the board of trustees. We are seeking an accounting professional with 10 years of accounting. A CPA is a must but not required.
NO REMOTE WORK. Amazing benefits
- Prepares and reviews periodic trial balances and reconciles them with the general ledger.
- Prepares accounting statements and reports for the Board of Trustees.
- Determines and establishes accounts receivable/accounts payables from Board reports, inter-district contracts, payroll records, specially-funded program agreements, and various other sources of information.
- Reconciles open accounts receivable with the general ledger on a periodic basis.
- Analyzes accounting data, identifies and determines causes of discrepancies, and recommends corrective and preventative measures. Maintains accounting controls over documents processed by data processing, verifies the accuracy of output documents, and resolves discrepancies. Reviews and corrects the coding of items such as payroll documents, contract documents, and purchasing documents for account distribution according to fund, appropriation, organizational unit, legality, and funding. Acts as a liaison and provides approved information concerning the accounting system to auditors.
- Answers inquiries from administrators, staff, vendors, employers, and accounting procedures and policies. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Duties are subject to change with or without notice as required by the employer.
- Principles, procedures, practices, and theories of accounting, Accounting-codes, classification, and terminology
- Principles and methods of account maintenance, Federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, codes, regulations, and policies affecting the accounting and financial systems, Organization and management of records, tracking fixed assets and preparing depreciation schedules, book all investments, collections.
- Capabilities of enterprise systems, software Quickbooks, Excel, WordPerfect, and hardware used in accounting, Collections, performing month-end closing, booking all investments, Prepares financial reports to the Board of Trustees.
Apply accounting practices, principles, and procedures to assigned work, review and verify accounting data and resolve discrepancies, prepare clear and concise reports and statements, work independently on assigned projects as directed, and establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with administration, staff, and vendors, meet schedules and deadlines, misc. duties as necessary, answer phones, assist with clerical projects as necessary, and maintain accurate accounting records, all duties are subject to change as necessary and directed.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- (10) years experience.
- 5 plus years of Quickbooks Online
- CPA Preferred
Tuesday, June 28, 2022