- Herndon, VA
BPMS Business Analyst
Functional Responsibility: Defines system requirements and priorities with customers and ensures that daily needs are met. Develops system and programming specifications. Designs data processing solutions based on business need and technical considerations.
- Research and analyze business problems to determine if systems solutions are advisable and available.
- Analyze business needs, design creative solutions, and construct text, spreadsheets, charts, diagrams, or other documents to describe the need and solution.
- Coordinate the definition, development, and implementation of systems-based solutions.
- Develop detailed functional specifications and other necessary systems documentation for changes, enhancements, and new systems.
- Determine impacts to workflow and assist in the development of new workflows.
- Support both large enhancements and ongoing system maintenance work simultaneously.
- Coordinate and assist the planning and execution of testing.
- Coordinate and work on the creation and delivery of training.
- Assist in troubleshooting application issues with the development and QA teams.
- Provide Level 3 support for business issues that come through the help desk by analyzing, prioritizing and resolving these problems. Coordinate resolution with programming staff when needed.
- Build close working relationships with both business and IT partners.
- BA/BS degree plus 5 or more years’ experience performing business systems analysis, including enterprise analysis, requirements management planning and monitoring, requirements elicitation, requirements management and communication, requirements analysis, and solution assessment and validation.
- Strong research and analysis skills in the formulation and definition of project scope and objectives.
- Superior presentation, facilitation, negotiation and escalation skills.
- Able to create effective systems documentation including specifications, use cases, system flow diagrams, etc.
- Thorough working knowledge of the various SDLC (Agile/SCRUM) concepts and ability to apply that knowledge on a daily basis.
- Works effectively with peers and customers across multiple disciplines, locations, and levels.
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Effective at managing competing priorities and work independently with minimal oversight.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills. Able to develop and implement effective, timely solutions while paying close attention to detail and quality of deliverables.
- Able to coach, mentor and manage more junior employee and consultant resources.
- Must be able to quickly develop an in depth knowledge of the business, workflow, products and systems used within Discover Technologies and use that knowledge to add value to the application development process.
- Communicates actively, openly and effectively with a variety of different audiences (business and technical).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Some project and people management experience is beneficial.
- Analysts work in a team environment where the Business Analyst and programmers are jointly responsible for the delivery of new functionality. Business Analysts may work solo with a group of programmers or they may work with other analysts and a project team, depending on the scope and complexity of the project.
Tuesday, January 8, 2019