Principal Duties/Roles and responsibilities:
• Technical architect for the IBM mainframe infrastructure including:
z/OS operating system, ISV system software and utilities, disaster
recovery plan development and maintenance, backup and recovery systems, software and system configurations, and lead technical resource for any operational issue with mainframe operations.
• Analyze IBM system software problems and determine resolution paths.
Provide solutions to system z hardware and operating system problems by
obtaining and implementing vendor corrections or developing local fixes,
including installing code fixes for all z/OS service elements.
• Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of current procedures and make
independent recommendations for enhancements, document and maintain data
center operational procedures for the z/OS infrastructure team.
• Design, implement, monitor, and maintain the system z server
environment and Mainframe infrastructure within Client.
• Responsible for lead administration and support of the Mainframe
computing environment of the z/OS operating systems and its requisite
software (MVS, JES, RACF, CICS, DB2 database, SMF, RMF, WLM, HSM, and
• Review, install, configure, and implement new releases of operating
system software including testing and validating any software
installations and changes.
• Perform daily system review of CPU usage, DASD storage and paging activities. Survey system logs for delays, anomalies, or inefficiencies
on workload, connections, and I/O queuing, maintaining the IBM mainframe computing services on a 24/7 basis.
Mentoring and Skills Enhancement of Client employees by Supplier
Personnel resources are considered an integral part of this engagement.
Supplier Personnel will work in a collaborative fashion with Client
Contract Executive to create and provide specific training to
designated Client employees in those areas of Client systems in which
the Supplier Personnel has knowledge and expertise.
• Supplier Personnel will make every effort to provide skills
enhancement at a satisfactory rate and report any issues that may impede
the progress of training and mentoring.
• Supplier Personnel resources shall provide input to Contract Executive
to develop training and mentoring plan to include specific skill sets,
tasks, and training methodologies.
Required Skills/Must Have:
b. IBM Storage and replication technology
• Z/OS COMPONENTS AND PROCESSING TECHNIQUES COMMANDS AND FILE STRUCTURES
• SYSTEMS PROCESSES ANALYSIS, DESIGN, TESTING, AND IMPLEMENTATION
• INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS AND DATA AUDITING
Proficient Knowledge in the below technical areas
• EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES AND THEIR APPLICATIONS TO BUSINESS PROCESSES.
• RESEARCH AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY BEST PRACTICE METHODS AND
PROCESSES TO IDENTIFY CURRENT AND EMERGING TRENDS IN TECHNOLOGY AND RISK
• SECURITY AND RISK MANAGEMENT BEST PRACTICES
• BUSINESS CONTINUITY AND TECHNOLOGY RECOVERY PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES
• RACF OR SIMILAR SYSTEM SECURITY SOFTWARE
• CA SYSVIEW OR SIMILAR MAINFRAME SYSTEM MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
• JOB CONTROL LANGUAGE (JCL) AND PROCEDURES
• IBM SMP/E INSTALLATION METHODOLOGY
• DEBUGGING TECHNIQUES
• IPL AND POR PROCEDURES, AND OTHER HMC OPERATIONS
Working Knowledge in the below technical areas
• HARDWARE CONFIGURATIONS
• MISCELLANEOUS SYSTEMS TOOLS OR APPLICATIONS SUCH AS FILE-AID, QUICK
REFERENCE, AND JCL
• STORAGE AND ENCRYPTION TECHNOLOGIES
• DATA REPLICATION USING IBM'S XRC AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Posted On: Friday, December 25, 2020