We are currently sourcing for a Java Developer to work in Client's
Healthcare Group in Durham, NC
The Health Care Technology Group supports the recordkeeping and administration of health benefits (medical, dental, and vision plans) and life insurance plans on behalf of Client' corporate clients, their employees, and retirees. The technology associates on the HCG Platform team interact with business partners and systems partners who have responsibility for client-facing channels such as NetBenefits. The development teams are located across the USA and India.
Team size is 150+ resources across IT and Product. The highly motivated team works completely on Agile Methodology.
This associate will work on one of the top initiatives within all of
Client crafting a brand-new Platform for our Health/Wellness platform
and will be responsible for developing and designing the core platform that will be utilized to host these brand-new applications.
This platform will originally sit within the Client's Private internal cloud
and in phase 2 will move to AWS.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong Java/J2EE development working on enterprise-level applications
• Good understanding of Cloud applications architecture and micro
services model development including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
• Experienced with building framework for modern transactional and data
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in an energetic work
environment while meeting work you're doing.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM, Extreme
Programming, TDD, etc.
• You have good verbal and written communication skills, can
successfully communicate with other team members and build positive
• Understanding of Agile systems development techniques utilizing
Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps
• Prior experience working with development teams in onshore-offshore
• Experience or exposure to several of the following concepts and
technologies are desired:
• Application development using Java EE, Spring framework
• Experience working with Cloud Platforms such as AWS and Azure
• Experience using Docker containers and PaaS CloudFoundry
• Understanding of and experience with Micro-Services Architecture
concepts and emerging patterns such as APIs, JAX-RS, REST/JSON
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 8+ years total Java EE development experience
• 1+ years of development experience using Cloud technology
• Investment/financial services and/or brokerage industry experience is