Why this job is awesome!
A lot feels uncertain these days, but if you're anything like me (and like the rest of us), one thing that remains as constant as ever: the need to eat. Good food, fast is one of today's humblest and yet most refined luxuries. What about a chance to help make that happen? To help make it better?
This company - still in stealth mode but already grown to nearly 200 employees - is bracing to revolutionize the way we all get our hands on the absolute best food as quickly as possible. While we can't give away the secret sauce just yet (apply to find out more!), this company has a recipe for success. With backing from some of the most seasoned investors in the game and a diverse team of smart, hard-working folks crafting one of the most exciting new ideas to hit the market, your competitive compensation, smart peers, and equity are all just icing on the cake.
What you’ll do
We’re a data-driven team that deeply values our customers. As a Senior Manager, Consumer Product Analytics at this high-growth food tech startup, you will partner directly with the consumer product team to design, implement, and analyze the entire consumer product data experience, bringing rich insights and analysis about our customers and their behavior on our app to the forefront. This position requires a driven self-sufficient, self-starter who is able to work with senior leadership comfortably, owns tasks from start to finish, and enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role will report into the Director, Customer Intelligence.
• Manage the consumer app data plan, ensuring all event needs are captured, logged, and implemented with completeness and accuracy; QA the implementation of all new product analytics events.
• Partner with key stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the business strategy, business goals, our products, and critical business questions to answer.
• Help define a best in class data architecture that powers a single view of our customer, including documentation, structure, organization, and processes to ensure that complex data points across our activities come together to power a unified customer view.
• Conduct ongoing and ad-hoc analysis of customer behavior across touchpoints, both at a high level as well as at a granular level, turning them into actionable insights that inform the growth of our business. Analyses may include app/product analytics, app optimization, and testing, and trend analysis.
• Lead the consumer app A/B testing platform tool selection process and drive implementation of the tool.
• Create and maintain domain-specific analytics dashboards while enabling teams to access data and conduct self-service analysis on a daily basis; This includes owning the measures and dimensions exposed to dashboard users, requesting code reviews from the central data team for these dashboards, and setting up training sessions for business users.
• Serve as day-to-day consumer product analytics partner to senior management and the customer teams, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills to gather business requirements and share back analysis in a way that is clear and actionable for employees at all levels.
• Experience working with an engineering team to implement a scalable data architecture and individual events including defining requirements and QAing implemented events.
• Highly proficient in SQL, working with structured and unstructured data sets, with the ability to write complex queries against new or unfamiliar data sets.
• Highly proficient working with data visualization tools and manipulating data sets in Looker and/or Amplitude and other platforms to report on custom metrics.
• Experience building, implementing and maintaining data processes and a product analytics roadmap.
• Operational experience with a modern tech stack, including customer data platforms (such as mParticle or Segment), communication platforms (such as Braze or Iterable), deep linking / attribution tools (such as Branch or AppsFlyer), and data visualization tools (such as Amplitude or Google Analytics).
• Experience implementing A/B testing software and leveraging the same to measure the impact of new features.
• Experience using Python or R for data analysis a plus.
• Experience working with consumer technology, preferably with eCommerce.
• Experience working with a mobile app a strong plus.
• Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable with being scrappy and in an agile environment.
Questions from the employer
You will be required to answer the following questions when submitting your cover letter to this job