- Addison, IL
Position Overview: Responsible for managing the transaction accounting and asset functions of the organization including general ledger management, accounts payable management, payroll management, and financial reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Manages all daily accounting operations and accounting information systems including general ledger functions, accounts payable functions, asset accounting and financial reporting.
- Ensures financial record systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with local, state, federal laws and regulations and ACHC accreditation standards.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of the annual budget and prepares budget variation reports.
- Protects the assets of the organization through effective internal controls, internal auditing, and direct supervision of accounting operations.
- Manages and controls cash disbursements through an effective accounts payable system.
- Prepares monthly financial statement reports for the Chief Financial Officer.
- Compiles reporting on key performance indicators.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of the annual Medicare cost report.
- Prepares requested documentation for annual internal and external audits.
- Maintains patient and organization confidentiality at all times.
- All other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned and required.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum educational requirement is an Accounting Associates Degree, bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in health care accounting preferably in Home Health, Hospice, and/or Private Duty.
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills, especially with Excel.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical ability, able to work under stress, and able to manage tight deadlines.
SEDENTARY X LIGHT
May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed or occasionally exposed to patient elements. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency or crisis situations. Travel required. OSHA exposure category:
Category 1: Position includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues.
Category 2: Position includes tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category 1 tasks.
X Category 3: Position includes tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues.
Required Personal Protective Equipment: As needed for infection control when completing any field observation and education.
Thursday, July 23, 2020