Electrical Maintenance Tech
- Delta, OH
The Electrical Maintenance Tech will report to the Electrical Team Leader. The Electrical Technician is primarily responsible for maintaining and repairing the production equipment. The technician will develop and implement the maintenance programs necessary to ensure the short-term and long-term reliability of the equipment, as well as lead the effort to optimize maintenance costs, maximize equipment availability and reduce unsafe conditions.
- Troubleshoot, repair, problem-solve, and maintain all electrical control problems for all manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshooting machine malfunctions using electronic and PLC techniques
- Performs routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance on all electrical equipment/parts
- Study equipment manuals to develop audit items and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Install or assist in the installation of new equipment, including proper layout and alignment.
- Makes preventative maintenance checks and inspections as required and on time
- Evaluate equipment malfunctions with a sense of urgency to minimize downtime
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications
- Modify equipment as necessary to improve safety, quality, productivity and reliability
- Perform tasks in a quality fashion by meeting or exceeding the internal customers’ requirements
- Communicate professionally with plant personnel as to the important repair steps taken, parts ordered, and estimated time to complete the repairs or projects
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- 3+ year of experience in an industrial electrical maintenance position with demonstrated experience with hydraulics and pneumatics
- Strong electrical knowledge (circuit breakers and fixtures)
- High level PLC experience, preferably Allen Bradley
- Experience in SLC 500, RSlogix 5/500/5000, PLC5, ControlLogix, Mircologix, and Panelview systems
Monday, October 5, 2020