BAS Controls Service Technician
- Colorado Springs, CO
Our clients are looking for someone to join the Controls Service Technician Team. The BAS Controls Service Technician will support the BAS preventive maintenance, service related calls, and warranty calls for all BAS related projects. BAS Service Technicians will be responsible for new projects for BAS considered “small projects", tenant finish’s and software upgrades.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program, commission, and diagnosing problems on various pneumatic/electric/electronic control systems
- Alerton, Niagara N4,AX, and R2, and other vendor certifications required to position
- Be able to perform limited project management assignments and/or direct installation sub-contractors and scheduled checkout of building controls and systems on assigned small projects by his or her service supervisor.
- Be able to perform calibration of systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters
- Perform and schedule service calls and preventive maintenance as directed by dispatch and as well as service supervisor.
- Completes paperwork including time sheets, expense sheets, service orders and on-site documentation
- Develops and mentors fellow service technicians in best practices of BAS service work to include trouble shooting, installation and time management.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety
- Capable of climbing step ladders (to 14 ft), extension ladders (to 28 ft), or utilizing man-lifts (to 40 ft), to reach equipment, stage material, and/or install electronic or electrical components, as needed
- Other duties related to programming and commissioning of building controls and facilities management systems as assigned.
- Working knowledge of UBC and NEC codes. Reads and understands basic requirements of projects (specs, plans, codes).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Control Integrator/programmer or 5 years of related work experience.
- Associate degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Electronics or Electrical Technology
- Mechanical Technology
- Computer technology
- Air Conditioning Technology
- OR equivalent of 5 to 10 years’ experience HVAC mechanical and/or control systems
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and currently maintain a safe driving record as required by the company’s insurance provider.
Thursday, September 3, 2020