Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Commerce City, CO
Basic Description: As the Industrial Maintenance Technician you will work Monday through Friday from 7am to 3:30pm and report directly to the Plant Manager. This is a non-exempt position that offers a salary of $32 per hour. You will support the maintenance needs of the organization by responding to manufacturing equipment mechanical failures and general facility maintenance including the preventive maintenance programs to improve manufacturing quality and reduce costs.
- Perform general facility and manufacturing equipment maintenance and repairs of plant machinery and equipment such as mixers, conveyors, compressor system, shakers, packaging and labeling systems, pumps, rollup doors and other repairs as needed. It is important that you can support the electrical diagnostic as well as repair & replacement of each of these systems.
- Enhance equipment performance by installing modifications, fabricating, and modifying new and existing equipment while maintaining the integrity of safety and warranty.
- Support organizations compliance with policies and procedures for internal and external regulatory requirements set by EPA and OSHA.
- Execute the set-up, inspection and break down of the various filling lines to manufacture as needed.
- Respond to maintenance requests.
- Perform basic electrical, plumbing, and other misc. facility tasks.
- Perform routine maintenance of facilities to prevent mechanical failure.
- Promote an incident free workplace by complying with safety policies and procedures and participate in company safety trainings.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Technical secondary education or 5+ years equivalent experience required.
- Prior experience and understanding of machinery operation, PLC electronics, pneumatic tools, wiring and a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Prior experience with welding
- Ability to exercise independent judgement by identifying complex problems and reviewing related information.
- Strong organization skills.
- Possess a valid CO driver's license in good standing. Having a CO Class B CDL is desired but not required.
- Ability to learn quickly, improvise and be creative.
- Ability to lift 50lbs required
- Frequently stands, walks, stoops, crouches, climbs, pushes and pulls.
- Operate forklift.
- Must wear company provided PPE at all times.
- Comfortable and confident climbing ladders.
- Work environment subject to seasonal temperature variation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Monday, August 23, 2021
$32 per hour