The Land Manager position requires an extremely organized individual who is able to work independently. Will be responsible for oversight and management of the Land Administration organization’s daily activities as well as managing additional special projects as needed. This position requires management, supervision, and approval of the Division Order, Lease Records, Contracts, GIS and Owner Relations activities. The Manager is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of the land administration business and its impact on oil & gas operations. Additionally, this role will be tasked with embracing innovative tools to increase efficiency and accuracy, digitalization, automation, data accessibility and data transparency in the Land Administration department.
· Actively directing a full range of land transactions (lease plays, trades, farm-ins/farm-outs, join operating agreements (JOA’s), carried interests, non-consents, operated vs. non-operated.)
· Managing and performing due diligence for company’s existing land assets and current areas of interest (AOI’s).
· Presenting recommendations for well proposals, lease sales, and acquisition proposals to management.
· Working directly with internal multi-disciplinary team members, ownership, general counsel, vendors, and brokers.
· Preparing various title curative documents and resolving title issues as they arise.
· Reviewing existing AFE’s, well proposals and lease files to confirm company interest and compliance is within terms of the JOA.
· Exceptional contractual, negotiation and interpersonal communication capabilities.
· Deep understanding of exploration and production activities.
· Variety of land related experience and must have prior in-house landman experience.
· Ability to prepare title and solve title issues.
· Preferred experience using industry related systems such as: BOLO, Drilling Info and Access.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Oversee the coordination and execution of all Land Administration activities to ensure efficient and effective operations
· Effectively manage a combination of internal company personnel and external service providers
· Oversee the communication and facilitate the flow of information between Land Administration and other departments (land, legal, finance, IT, etc.)
· Provide oversight for the analysis of and interpretation of land agreements, including but not limited to lease provisions, deeds, rights of way, and other agreements
· Establish and monitor compliance with Land Administration policies and procedures
· Collaborate with Land Operations on a continuous basis to ensure the facilitation of information, alignment of resources, and achievement of strategic objectives
· Oversee the maintenance of record-keeping and document management standards of the Land Administration department
· Allocate and monitor ad hoc projects through coordination, workload balance and supervision of both internal and external personnel
· 10+ years of Land Administration experience
· 3+ years of supervisor experience
· Previous Texas experience required
· Knowledge and understanding of US onshore Land department operations and administration
· Knowledge, understanding, and experience in the following areas:
· Land and revenue distribution accounting/finance matters
· Land organization operations and the cross-functional interaction of company departments
· Proficiency in P2, ThoughtTrace, LandVantage systems preferred
· Strong ability to analyze and interpret all Land Administration matters – procedures, publications, legal documentation, contractual agreements, transfer of ownership, title opinions, and regulatory information
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as this position requires significant interaction with others and oversight responsibilities for the Land Administration department
· Embrace new technology and its applications to change the way Land Administration has traditionally worked
· Ability to build a strong working relationship with personnel in other departments on the team
· Action oriented personality with a strong sense of initiative, motivation, and drive
· Ability to successfully execute a project from beginning to end, on or before a deadline, with limited instruction or supervision
· Ability to evaluate situations that arise from the day to day land administration business and apply critical-thinking skills to reach conclusions aligned with Company objectives