Responsible for in-process or final inspection of product utilizing handheld and/or precision measuring tools. Maintains work area cleanliness.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform in-process or final inspection on product using handheld or precision measuring equipment to determine if product meets quality/ customer specifications
• Isolate non-conforming product per procedures and determine disposition of product (re-work or scrap); communicate required adjustments to appropriate person
• Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work. Uses judgment and discretion to determine workability of part.
• Document inspection results via logs and reports and input into appropriate computer database
• Inspects product in-process and/or completed products to ensure compliance with customer and CoorsTek quality requirements per departmental procedures.
• Stack and transport product via hand-truck, pallet jacks, forklift, crane, or hoist
• May utilize SPC computer programs to accurately enter transactions necessary for timely and accurate reporting.
• Clean work area, machines, tools and equipment
• Train incoming inspectors in processes and procedures
• Wears required personal protective equipment at all times in areas where mandatory
• Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisors
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1-2 years in a manufacturing environment
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• May be required to perform intermediate math skills (i.e. algebra)
• Performs detail oriented tasks using basic language and intermediate math skills.
• Ability to use precision measuring tools.
• Has attained qualified status on the use of multiple precision inspection equipment tools in assigned area under limited supervisor, such as micrometers, calipers, microscope, federal gauge, Styre, Talyrond 73, FPI, video scopes, and lighting equipment
• May be required to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds
Swing shift -
Monday through Friday -
2:30 p.m. - 10:30pm