- Colorado Springs, CO
Our client is looking for an experienced HVAC technician for on-campus HVAC preventative maintenance and repairs. This position requires the individual to troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and install commercial HVAC and related equipment as assigned. The individual must also assume day to day coordination of specific agreements or projects as assigned to ensure contractual commitments are met in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot HVAC components with built up systems and package units, which may include chiller air handler pump towers, cooling towers, controls systems, boilers, air handling systems, Refrigeration and controls.
- Universally EPA Certified
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with maintenance of commercial HVAC systems
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as required by the company’s insurance provider
- Must have demonstrated commercial expertise in boilers, chillers, pneumatic controls, digital controls and packaged HVAC equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job description gives an overview of the overall essential functions, competencies, skills, and abilities for the Service Technician role. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Able to respond to heavy workload of service calls in a professional manner.
- Communicates effectively with customers, regardless of their level of technical knowledge; can explain to customer the cause of their problem and the remedy; if problem has not been repaired, offers explanation of situation and recommended next steps.
- Able to follow and utilize troubleshooting guides to identify problems in a short period of time
- Consistently checks system operations and safety and limit controls before leaving job locations
- Ensures customers’ questions/concerns have been addressed before leaving the work site
- Uses proper tools and instruments while troubleshooting
- Incorporates solution techniques to assist other service representatives and helps resolve issues and customer problems
- Schedules arrival and departure with customers
- Communicates tactfully to offer suggestions if system problems are caused by the customer
- Demonstrates ability to determine priorities based on a call schedule, responding to inadvertent interruptions, carrying proper tools and materials, and scheduling vehicle maintenance
- Promptly and accurately completes all required paperwork
- Keeps supervisor and manager informed of new developments, changes, or customer complaints
- Completes service reports daily; obtains customer signature on all service reports
- Signs up for memberships and technical organizations to improve knowledge and skills
- Keeps technical knowledge current regarding equipment and concepts
- Searches out and reads applicable manuals
Thursday, September 3, 2020