- Denver, CO
HIRING NOW – LEAD ACCOUNTANT
Full time, benefits, $75,130 - $93,912 with bonus potential of up to 20% of annual salary
We are searching for a Lead Accountant to join our Oil & Gas client’s dynamic team! The Lead Accountant is an integral member of the accounting team managing the accounts payable and payment process. This position also oversees cash management and cash forecasting to be used by other departments in the company for planning purposes. The Lead Accountant assists with close functions and prepares numerous journal entries and accruals each month. This position also leads a team of one to three accountants.
- Supervise the accounts payable process.
- Assist Treasury forecasting, deposit management and weekly payment run management to include but not limited to receiving checks at the corporate office, obtaining appropriate signatures, and having the mobility to travel when needed.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and reports.
- Prepare and/or review monthly journal entries as assigned during the close process for multiple legal entities.
- Ensure transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed, and supported in accordance with company policies and controls.
- Provide variance analysis on balance sheet and income statement accounts for management reporting purposes.
- Performs an internal audit function regularly to identify miscoded activity; create reclass entries with proper documentation to correct.
- Prepare and/or review quarterly FERC reporting packages and assist with any other regulatory or governmental filings.
- Files monthly Wyoming Sales & Use tax as well as annual Colorado Sales & Use Tax.
- Prepare and coordinate all functions associated with annual 1099 tax reporting/filings for multiple entities.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience, 5 years preferred
- One year of supervisory experience preferred
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Intermediate to Advanced excel skills to include pivot tables, sumif, etc.
- Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) experience a plus
Wednesday, May 26, 2021