Mechanical Maintenance Tech
- Delta, OH
The Mechanical Maintenance Tech will report to the Mechanical Team Leader. The Mechanical Technician is primarily responsible for maintaining and repairing the production equipment. The technician will develop and implement the maintenance programs necessary to ensure the short-term and long-term reliability of the equipment, as well as lead the effort to optimize maintenance costs, maximize equipment availability and reduce unsafe conditions.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair and/or replace mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, hydraulic and/or pneumatic components in manufacturing equipment.
- Plan, implement and maintain preventative maintenance program on engines, motors, pumps, pneumatic tools, hydraulics, conveyor systems and production machines in order to improve reliability.
- Performs routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance
- Study equipment manuals to develop audit items and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Perform basic welding duties, fabricating fixtures, jigs, guarding, etc. as needed.
- Install or assist in the installation of new equipment, including proper layout and alignment.
- Makes preventative maintenance checks and inspections as required and on time
- Evaluate equipment malfunctions with a sense of urgency to minimize downtime
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications
- Modify equipment as necessary to improve safety, quality, productivity and reliability
- Perform tasks in a quality fashion by meeting or exceeding the internal customers’ requirements
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- 3+ year of experience in an industrial maintenance position
- Mechanical capability to repair and/or analyze production equipment.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment, overhead crane and rigging principles.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints, manuals and assembly directions.
- Experience with pumps (diaphragm and centrifugal) drives: gearbox, belts, chain, hydraulic, couplings, motor-air, bearings, shafts, nuts, bolts, taps, and dies
- Experience with piping (water and steam)
- Knowledge with process control transmitters and safety switches
- Experience with an air compressor system- including filters regulators, dryers, and lubricators.
Monday, October 5, 2020