Senior Payroll Specialist
- Denver, CO
HIRING : Senior Payroll Specialist in Denver, CO
Our clients are a small but fast-growing Professional Employer Organization (PEO) with 60+ years’ experience in the PEO industry, and are seeking a highly professional, reliable, energetic individual to fill a Senior Payroll Specialist position! Ideal candidates are analytical and methodical, with experience in payroll administration and payroll regulations.
The Senior Payroll Specialist will be responsible conducting payroll obligations for 100+ clients. Stable work schedule of Monday – Friday, in office. Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), vacation, sick time, PTO and Flex Days. Negotiable salary 60-70k.
- Plan, organize and assist in direction of payroll activities and ensure effective use of resources
- Provide insight into payroll programs, activities, policies, and procedures and recommend product enhancements where necessary to meet client needs and to ensure continued company growth.
- Assist in development of department goals and process improvements.
- Ability to communicate payroll knowledge and software expertise on multiple product lines to resolve problems regarding client concerns.
- Identify areas of department weaknesses and make recommendations to Vice President of Operations to consider for improvements.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- 3-4 years experience with Prism software
- Comprehensive wage and hour law knowledge – Certified Payroll Professional credential preferred but company will provide funds to obtain
- Benefits Administration, Worker Compensation experience is a plus
- Experience with MasterTax is a plus, but not required
Tuesday, September 14, 2021