Quality Control Laboratory Technician
- Pottstown, PA
We are looking for an energetic Quality Control Laboratory Technician with strong desire to interact with architectural and/or structural precast concrete components. Will be exposed to a wide range of lab testing procedures, documentation, geometry, inspections, aesthetic observations and the like.
What You Will Be Doing:
Quality Control Laboratory Technician will be learning and eventually testing for compliance of Precast Concrete Institute standards. You will interact with other QC techs and report to the QC Manager. You will be interpreting blueprints and specifications, reading and understanding technical manuals and testing procedures, utilizing measuring devices, work with concrete mix designs, structural reinforcing mesh cages, steel hardware and the like.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies raw material condition by collecting material samples; conducting inspections and physical tests of raw materials.
- Identifies in-process product by collecting samples during production process; conducting in-process inspections and physical tests.
- Producing sample cylinders per project specifications, reporting on concrete mixing, document and maintain project files as required.
- Maintains product quality documentation system by adhering to quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain all required paperwork, copies of inspections to adhere to standards and to audit process.
- Responsible for producing project samples for customer approval.
- Analyzing, and interpreting production and quality data; judging product acceptability to specs.
- Maintains quality assurance operations by following QC policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- High School diploma or GED required. Some college preferred but not required.
- Construction or concrete experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Proactive thinker
Friday, July 17, 2020