Process Control Manager
- Fairfield, AL
Our client is searching for a Process Control Engineer to join their Information Technology organization. As an integral part of this highly skilled, innovative team, you will play a significant role in providing services to our client. We are seeking an inquisitive self-starter who can apply their solid technical skills and strong desire to learn to help resolve a broad range of process automation issues.
This position is responsible for the creation, analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of complex process control automation systems that provide appropriate and cost-effective technical hardware and software solutions in a heavy industrial environment. You will be responsible for providing well documented project management, excellent system continuity, continuously improving process optimization, full system administration, and key corporate strategic initiatives.
• Optimize and improve industrial plant process control solutions to meet business requirements
• Translate business requirements into industrial application solution
• Collaborate with personnel throughout the organization both as an individual and in a team environment
- Applicants with a minimum of an Associates of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or an Equivalent Work Experience will be considered.
- 3+ years of work experience in Process Control, Electrical, or similar environments providing hardware and software support of programmable logic controllers with strong electrical and programming knowledge.
- Knowledgeable in industrial plant process control systems preferably with some of the following types of control solutions: Schneider Electric Square D, Schneider Electric Quantum, Concept, Proworks, Unity, Symax Square D, Intellution iFix, Windows SCADA systems, LAN communications, Pi, RSLogics, and Plant Triage.
- Must be able to provide leadership to junior control engineers in support of complex control systems.
- Must be able to provide good oral and written communication interfaces with various business organizations.
- Capable of analyzing short and long term hardware, software, equipment, and instrumentation requirements and providing appropriate and cost-effective technical solutions.
- Able to create detailed design documents and/or schematics.
- Capable of self direction and team participation.
- Able to support and interact with internal customers and business partners in understanding, prioritizing, and implementing work requests in multiple mining processes.
- Must be able to provide technical hardware and software support for a 24x7 industrial environment. The position is a M-F dayshift schedule but does require off hour support on a rotating and as needed basis.
- Experience in mining industry – a plus
Tuesday, June 23, 2020