Residential Substitute / Assistant Teacher
edu prime llc
- Wilmington, DE
Edu Prime is a regionally recognized Educational Consultancy company.
We are seeking to bring on board substitute teachers in a residential facility, as a long-term substitute teacher assignment.
As a resident substitute teacher, you will have an opportunity to set the tone for learning for the rest of a student’s life. When students have a good, educational, happy experience they achieve more than expected, and are prepared to take on the challenges of their later school life, either high school or college.
You will be able to teach students to love learning and how to overcome the challenges and obstacles they face that keep them from reaching their goals. While adhering to the core curriculum required by the state, you will be able to find creative, engaging ways to teach students real-life application of difficult concepts like literature, math and Science.
- Deliver lesson plans through edgenuity in a way that catches the attention of the students and keeps them occupied and excited about learning.
- Reach school and course-wide performance goals for every student in class.
- Watch closely for students who are struggling with emotional problems, learning disabilities or situations at their resident, and help them find the resources they need.
- Increase educational knowledge and stay up to date on new methods by joining professional organizations, attending continuing education courses and attending regular training sessions for teachers.
- Weave goals, competencies, and objectives into lesson plans in ways that directly apply to the student’s life.
- Offer praise and encouragement to students when they do well and when they are struggling and teach them that they have the power to do well in school no matter what.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related fields.
- Pass state and federal background clearances
- Specialization in either math, science, or ESL
- 2-5 years of teaching experience
- Organized, capable and able to multitask
Monday, December 26, 2022